IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ !!
For a crime in progress, dial 9-1-1
- Any type of violent crime, including: personal assault, kidnapping, robbery, etc.
- Any type of sex crime, including: rape, sexual assault, etc.
- Any type of stolen vehicle, including: trucks, cars, trailers, motorcycles, etc.
- Any type of injury traffic accident.
- Any type of violation of custody.
To report violent crimes, sex crimes, stolen vehicles or traffic accidents, please call 530-747-5400.
- Thefts from a vehicle
- Lost property
- Petty theft (less than $400 loss)
- Grand theft (over $400 loss)
- Fraudulent use of lost or stolen credit cards, checks, etc.
- Harassing Phone Call
- If you wish to submit a late reported non-injury traffic accident, please call 530.747.5400 to request an accident form, or download the accident form: Police Forms
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser to use online reporting.
Online Crime Reporting
Please read all instructions before you fill out your offense report:
- You may only report incidents that occurred in the City of Davis. If the offense you are reporting occurred in another jurisdiction, please contact the appropriate police or sheriff’s department.
- If this crime occurred on the UCDavis campus, please contact the UC Davis Police Department.
- Please use one online report form per incident.
- Please fill out the online form in its entirety. Be specific when describing damage or property. Include the make, model, license plate, and serial number of any vehicle or piece of property.
For bicycle theftreports indicate whether bike is Girls/Boys, Speeds, Wheel Size, Brand, Serial Number, and License Number. Include any distinguishing marks or equipment.
- If you have suspect information, please include it on the offense report. A police employee will contact you if additional information or statements are needed.
- You cannot use this form to report traffic collisions or hit and runs. Please call the police department to report those collisions.
- If you need further assistance, you may call the Davis Police Department business line at (530) 747-5400.
- Once your crime report has been submitted to the Davis Police Department a case/report number will be assigned. The case and/or report number will be mailed or emailed to you within 3-5 days. Once you have been assigned a case/event number you can request a copy of the police report by completing a Report Copy Request .
- If you would like to report your crime or incident in person, please go to the Davis Police Station:
Davis Police Department
2600 Fifth St.
Davis, CA 95616
Types of Crime You Can Report Online
- Theft- The unlawful taking of the personal property of another.
- Vandalism- Malicious mischief or damage done to your property.
- Car Burglary- Someone unlawfully enters a locked vehicle and takes property.
- Lost Property- Property that is missing and it is not known if the property was taken or lost.
- Harassing Phone Calls- Immediate hang-ups, obscene language, etc.
- Burglary of Home or Business- Intentional illegal entering of a structure to take property of another.
- Financial Crime- theft or fraudulent use of checks, credit cards, or fraudulent use of your identity
- Other - Crimes that do not fit any of these categories, but do NOT involve any kind of violence or personal attack.
Create a report:
Requires Update: No